There is always something new we keep finding of nutrition and food. With the recent discussions on environmental studies and promoting more plant-based diets, it’s important to know if we are eating them right or making the most use of our dietary resources. More and more people are adopting plant-based diets to help reduce the consumption of meat and thus helping us save the environment by leaving a lesser carbon footprint. But that’s a discussion for another time. We know that we need to increase the intake of vegetables and fruits in our diet but The question right now is are you eating your Veggies and fruits correctly?
- There must be many times in your life so far when you drank fruit juice from a carton or freshly prepared. And there are many times when you eat your Vegetables and both are very important in providing necessary nutrition to our body. But it is advised that you must try to eat your fruits and drink your Veggies. By doing this you will be preserving the original form of the fruit and will be providing your body with essential fiber which is lost during the juicing process.
- While juicing with a centrifugal juicer you end up heating and airing your juice which destroys essential nutrients. A cold-pressed juicer helps you preserve the soluble fiber but eating your fruit is still the best way to consume it. The fiber present naturally in our fruits and vegetables contains all the necessary vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are required to maintain a healthy body and lifestyle for longer periods of time.
- Eating your fruit whole will help you feeling full for longer as compared to gulping down a tall glass of juice. That is the reason why diabetes patients are advised to eat fruits but whole and not juices.
- On the other hand, if you juice your vegetables you can actually accommodate more than one vegetable at a time which ultimately increases the veggies consumption and the nutritional value of the juice. Using a top cold press juicer is preferred over a centrifugal juicer to make the best out of your fresh produce.
- In order to make a definitive shift in your diet and lifestyle adding fruits and vegetables is a fantastic idea any day. Our body is efficient at and needs different kinds of fiber and nutrition that can only be available by eating a variety of fruits and vegetables along with other food items.
In conclusion, it’s a great tip rather than a strict instruction to be juicing your vegetables and eating your fruits whole. We need a large serving of fruits and vegetables every day and in using these methods of processing or preparing food we ensure that we can consume such items in different ways. Using the correct appliances like a cold-pressed juicer is recommended by many health and nutrition experts and that it ultimately adds to the nutritional value of your food items.