Having an intention of becoming the greatest public health program in the world, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana was initiated. The Government of India started the scheme in 2018 for about 50 crore Indians to offer health insurance.
This program covers many medical costs, including diagnostic tests, pre-hospitalization, medications, actual medical care, and much more. From an economic perspective, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana typically targets India’s bottom 40% of the population. Let us understand in this post the eligible criteria & features of the Ayushman Bharat card.
What are the features of the card?
Check out the key aspects of the Ayushman Bharat Card listed below to get a better understanding of its scope. That ought to give you a clearer understanding of what this plan entails.
- Highest coverage: This program provides up to 5 lakhs per year per family for secondary and tertiary care in both private and public facilities.
- Beneficiaries eligible: This program covers beneficiaries from around 10 crore economically disadvantaged families, or over 50 crore people.
- Pre & post-hospitalization coverage: The scheme covers almost 15 days of post & 3 days of pre-hospitalization costs. The cost will include diagnostic & medication charges.
- Pre-existing condition coverage: From day one, the scheme covers pre-existing conditions. Someone with an existing medical condition will find this quite helpful.
- Restrictions: There are no limitations on the family’s size, the number of children, or other factors under the system.
Who is eligible to get this card?
According to their status, rural families served by the program are ranked from D1 through D7, as shown below.
D1: Households with just one room that has Kucha walls and a Kucha roof.
D2: Families without any adults between the age group of 16 and 59
D3: Households without any adult males between the age of 16 and 59
D4: Handicapped family member and/ or diseased person (adult member)
D5: Households that are members of one of the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes
D7: Landless households that rely heavily on manual labor performed sometimes for a living
Category of people not liable for the scheme
Look over the exclusions’ requirements:
- Owners of automated farming machinery
- People with two-, three-, or four-wheeled vehicles
- Those who have a Kisan credit card are government workers
- Owners of motorized fishing boats
- Those who make more than Rs. 10,000 monthly
Go Ahead and Apply for Your Card
If you are interested in the scheme or find anyone who seems eligible, spread the word. To get your Ayushman Bharat card, Bajaj Finserv Health will help you get your card. With our provision, generate your card now and enjoy all the health benefits to secure your medical needs.